Saturday, November 19, 2005

In the House Today

Jean Schmidt (OH-2) had one minute to address the body about the Iraq war today, and how did she choose to use her one minute? To question the patriotism of Rep. Murtha (a decorated marine in Vietnam), for calling for a pullout from Iraq. Yes, that's what patriotism is all about, not questioning the President in war.
Yesterday I stood at Arlington National Cemetery attending the funeral of a young marine in my district. He believed in what we were doing is the right thing and had the courage to lay his life on the line to do it. A few minutes ago I received a call from Colonel Danny Bop, Ohio Representative from the 88th district in the House of Representatives. He asked me to send Congress a message: Stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message, that cowards cut and run, Marines never do. Danny and the rest of America and the world want the assurance from this body – that we will see this through.

Jean Schmidt sure loves to pull the swift boat stunt on veterans, I seem to recall her pulling similar tactics against Mr. Hackett in August.

No comments: