Tuesday, September 12, 2006

9/12 Primary Day

Incumbent Republican Senator Lincoln Chafee has beaten back a far right primary challenge from Steve Laffey today in the Rhode Island Senate primary. Chafee now has his work cut out for him to hold the seat. Chafee trails in the polls to Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse by 2-4% depending on what poll you look at. We're still waiting for a result out of Maryland where Congressman Ben Cardin is in a battle with former Congressman and former head of the NAACP Kweisi Mfume. Cardin currently leads by just under 10%, 46-37 with nearly 60% reporting. Whoever wins that Maryland primary seems well positioned to squash Michael "stem cell research is the same as the Holocaust" Steele the Republican nominee. When I get a final result from Maryland I'll post it here if I feel like it. Maybe not, depends on my mood and whether I'm awake or not.

No comments: